According to Manuel Rodríguez
updated 20 Sep 22 at 21:17
Saving the deployment of firefighters, this Tuesday, September 20in the parking lot at Fougeres intersection.
Shortly before 7 p.m. they were called to help workers working on Marie Blachère bakery construction sitein the hypermarket shopping center.
17 people in discomfort, 9 transported to the hospital center
Seventeen people were not feeling well when they arrived. They are bothered by a very strong irritating smell. However, no one lost consciousness.
With the support of Smur, the firemen are taking care of the victims.
Nine of them, the most affected, were taken in relative distress to the hospital center in Fougères. They will be put on oxygen and undergo further tests.
Eight other victims were considered non-life-threatening by emergency services. They could go home.
The oven in question
According to the first elements collected at the site, the cause of this intoxication would be connected to the furnace.
Installed yesterday, launched today. There would be heating at the level of the insulating materials. This would cause a slight escape of smoke and an irritating and unpleasant smell.
Tests did not reveal the presence of carbon monoxide.
This operation involved 23 personnel from Fougères, La Bazouge-du-Désert, Maen Roch and Saint-Germain-en-Coglès barracks.
Was this article helpful to you? Note that you can follow La Chronique Républicaine in the My News section. With one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.