According to Writing Morbihan
The contingent of ships based in Lorient (Morbihan) imposes on a single handed transatlantic sailing race The rum journey. OF Saint-Malo (Ille-et-Vilaine), out of 138 competitors, 32 are in the competition center near Lorient La Base. That’s a quarter of the fleet and almost every other IMOCA.
Thirty-two Lorient boats
The 12th edition of the Route du Rhum will start on Sunday, November 6 in Pointe-à Pitre, Guadeloupe. We describe in detail the Lorient captains of this naval event.
- Fabrice Amédéo (NEXANS ART&WINDOWS)
- Romain Attanasio (FORTINET-BEST WESTERN)
- Jeremy Beyou (CHARAL)
- Conrad Colman (IMAGINE)
- Sam Davies (HEART INITIATIVES)
- Kevin Escoffier (PRB)
- Boris Hermann TEAMMALIZIA)
- Isabelle Joscke (MACSF)
- Tanguy Le Turquais (LAZARE)
- Justine Metraux (TEMWORK)
- Giancarlo Pedote (PRYSMIAN GROUP)
- Alan Roura (HUBLOT)
- Thomas Ruyant (LINK)
- Damien Seguin (APICIL)
- Kojiro Shiraishi (DMG MORI)
- Nicolas Troussel (CORUM)
IN CLASS 40:
- Pierre-Louis Attwel (VOGUE WITH CROHN)
- Ambrogio Becaria (PIRELLI)
- Luke Berry (CREATION OF THE LAMOTTE MODULE)
- Father Pierre Casenave (LEGALLAIS)
- Nicolas d’Estais (HAPPYVORE CAFE JOYEUX)
- Corentin Douguet (QUEGUINIER)
- Aurelien Ducroz (CROSSCALL)
- Jonaz Gerckens (VOLVO)
- Amelie Grassi (BIO bakery)
- Simon Koster (LEMAN BANK)
- Ian Lipinski (CREDIT MUTUEL)
- Yoann Richomme (PAPREC ARKEA)
And in ULTIMATE:
- Charles Caudrelier (GITANA TEAM)
- Thomas Coville (SODEBO VOILE)
- Armel Le Cléac’h (THE PEOPLE’S BANK SAIL)
In Ocean Fifty:
- Sam Goodchild (Leyton)
The competitive sailing sector shines at races around the world. “In 2020, the Lorient La Base offshore racing center welcomed more than a third of the Vendée Globe participants and 35% of the Transat Jacques Vabre competitors in 2021,” describes the Lorient La Base offshore racing center. which has around 100 captains in Ultim, IMOCA, Class40, Figaro or Mini 6.50.
Former Lorient submarine base (15 years of redevelopment and an investment of almost €64 million). the first European offshore racing technical base.
Receive the weekly “Face à la mer” newsletter, an open window on the French coast and its riches. Register here, it’s free!
Was this article helpful to you? Know that you can watch Actu Morbihan in the My Actu area. With one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.