According to Adele Leberre
The past few months have served as a reminder if needed fragility of water resources. The droughtcontainment measures, pipeline cracks, etc.
This international context and the upcoming end of public service delegation contracts (as of 31 December 2023) encourage elected officials to Quimper West Brittany start a broad reflection on new methods of water management.
During the municipal council on September 29, 2022, they voted to establish a Local public company (SPL) for water and sewage management.
A little deciphering to see more clearly.
What is the current situation?
Since the QBO is the result of the merger of two public facilities for intermunicipal cooperation (EPCI) and the aggregation of the municipality of Quéménéven, there are three different management methods:
- agency: Briec, Edern, Langolen, Landudal, Landrévarzec
- concessions for public services or public contracts: Quimper, Ergué-Gabéric, Plomelin, Pluguffan, Plonéis, Guengat, Plogonnec, Locronan
- management contract: Quéménéven
What is SPL?
It is somewhat of a hybrid form. » LPS makes it possible to characterize the confirmation of a new model of territorial management of water and sanitation services, which is based on new ways of understanding the values of public service beyond the classic public/private dichotomy (…) The SPL legal form also offers management flexibility by replacing the constraints of administrative management with business logic “, we read in the advice presented to the elected representatives.
SPL consists of at least two communities that hold the entire capital. In this case, it remains for QBO to convince its neighbors: the agglomeration of Concarneau Cornouaille, the community of Douarnenez.
This SPL will not be created until July 2024.
what will that change?
The SPL opens a transition phase of several years. As the end of the contracts is very close, it is planned to continue the current regime while streamlining:
- management with simple financial independence for a period of 5 years from 1ahem January 2024 for Briec, Edern, Langolen, Landudal, Landrévarzec and Quéménéven
- on the basis of a public service assignment contract for a period of 5 years from 1ahem January 2024 for Quimper, Ergué-Gabéric, Plomelin, Pluguffan, Plonéis, Guengat, Plogonnec, Locronan
In addition, a manager will be hired.
It is premature to project further at this time. Will the entire territory of QBO and the partner community be managed? No one has an answer yet.
Was this article helpful to you? Know that you can follow Côté Quimper in the My News area. With one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.