PPC, more commonly known as sleep apnea machine is a device for continuous excess pressure in the airways. It is very effective in treating sleep apnea. It works by stimulating the respiratory muscles to combat breathlessness. This is a mask that the patient has to wear for several hours at night. However, it can lack practicality and this type of device can also cause many side effects. For this reason, most users give up on PPC after bad experiences..
Sleep apnea machine: benefits
During sleep, all muscles relax. Sometimes this phenomenon results in collapse or airway collapse causing respiratory arrest.
The body reacts to it very quickly. The affected person wakes up in a hurry. This sudden awakening results in an increased heart rate, which will then be responsible for restless sleep. People prone to obstructive sleep apnea are constantly tired during the day. In addition, this pathology can cause other complications, such as myocardial infarction or arterial hypertension.
With CPAP therapy, the patient benefits from nighttime ventilation provided by the mask to normalize their breathing. This device keeps the airways open during sleep and improves the oxygenation of the organism.
by a sleep apnea device reduces the risk of respiratory arrest which can be very dangerous for the organism. This device also increases the level of oxygen in the blood. The sleep apnea machine also has the ability to lower blood pressure. It offers an effective solution against snoring and improves sleep quality.
The principle of the sleep apnea device
A sleep apnea machine or CPAP is prescribed for people suffering from sleep apnea syndrome. It works by acting as a vent to provide assisted breathing. By maintaining the patency of the airways, this respirator overcomes all forms of blockages, especially the pharynx. A sleep apnea device works by continuously sending positive pressure to prevent the airway from closing.
Different types of masks or PPCs are available in specialist shops:
- The nasal mask remains compact due to its small size. Here the wearer breathes through the nose.
- A so-called naso-buccal mask is indicated for those who have difficulties with lining the nasal mask. With this device, the patient breathes through the mouth.
- As the name suggests, the nose pad mask is equipped with nose pads. They offer perfect fixation of the device behind the nostrils.
- The tray mask has an innovative shape. Its advantage lies in its small size. It is a more comfortable device.
When used correctly, CPAP offers many benefits to patients suffering from respiratory arrest. It offers an immediate effect by stretching the walls of the pharynx. It gives users the privilege to escape the syndrome and stay safe from the risk of cardiovascular disease. However, it should be noted that this type of device is poorly tolerated by a large number of people. It also includes several Side effects depending on the situation.
There are some possible side effects to be aware of
For some people, wearing a CPAP can cause discomfort. Regardless of observed side effects, it is always advisable to consult a doctor to act accordingly.
Between sleep apnea machine side effects most common, here is a list of the most famous:
- A runny nose is one of the most common side effects after using a CPAP mask. Your doctor can then recommend a hydration treatment that will relieve you.
- The unwanted effect can also be manifested by irritation of the nose. After the session, some patients may experience tingling in the eyes. This effect is explained by air leakage due to improper use causing conjunctivitis.
- For other patients, wear a CPAP mask creates aerophagia. Bloating can be felt by the possible presence of air in the stomach. This may be the result of bad hardware settings.
- In addition, it is possible that after using a nasal-type mask, a person will feel a certain sensation of dryness in the mouth. The solution suggested by your doctor may be to replace it with a buccal model. Feeling dry can also be the result of too dry air. In this case, a humidifier may be the solution.
- In some cases, wearing a mask causes marks on the face. This can simply be caused by harnesses that are too tight. If symptoms persist, it is advisable to call your doctor. It could be an allergy to elastic materials.